Tuesdays at 6:30pm - 7:30pm
Devon Holistic Health Clinic, Lower Salthill
€75 for 6 weeks, €15 drop-in rate
€20 deposit required to hold your place. Click here to book. As this class is quite busy, please do not pay a deposit until I have confirmed a space for you. Please email me to check at firstname.lastname@example.org or text 0851033753.
I am a qualified Pre- and Post-Natal Personal Trainer and have been training pregnant women for 12 years. I am also a mother of 2 energetic girls! For more about me click here.
Pregnancy Fitness Class
Congratulations on your pregnancy! I hope it is going well so far.
The very fact that you are looking at this page means that you are interested in keeping healthy, strong and fit during your pregnancy. This is great. So many pregnancy women stop exercising when they get pregnant which is easy to happen as the first trimester can be very draining making it easy to slip out of good fitness habits. Maybe you didn't have an exercise routine in the first place but really want to prepare your body for what is to come?
I cannot express how important it is to continue to exercise during your pregnancy. Research shows that those who keep up an exercise routine when pregnant have fewer complications during pregnancy and have better recovery afterwards.
Let me help you feel your best during your pregnancy. My pregnancy fitness classes include:
- Specific strength and conditioning exercises to prepare your body for each trimester, labour and after the birth of your baby
- Information on how to monitor your own intensity during exercise; what exercises you can and cannot do during pregnancy; the signs and symptoms of over-exercising during pregnancy.
- Advice on how to keep up your fitness throughout your pregnancy considering important factors such as what exercise you did before you got pregnant, any contraindications you may be experiencing during this pregnancy and during previous pregnancies, your energy levels and what you would like to do to keep fit.
- Posture analysis and information
- Mobility and flexibility exercises to help you to adapt to and support your developing body
- Nutritional information to help you feed you and your baby well and to encourage a normal weight gain during your pregnancy. I also like to give out healthy recipes to help with the increased need for sweet treats!